Here's what I exactly did:
1. Download cargo-jetty-7-and-onwards-deployer-1.0.4.war from here: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/cargo/cargo-jetty-7-and-onwards-deployer/1.0.4/cargo-jetty-7-and-onwards-deployer-1.0.4.war
2. Put cargo-jetty-7-and-onwards-deployer-1.0.4.war into JETTY_HOME/webapps
3. Start Jetty (I installed the latest jetty-distribution-7.2.0.v20101020.tar.gz)
4. I get the following from the jetty log (JETTY_HOME/logs/stderrorout.log):
5. Though seeing the error, I continued visiting http://www.hostname.com/cargo-jetty-deployer and see a page saying:
6. I also tried visiting http://www.hostname.com/cargo-jetty-deployer/deploy?path=/sample and see the same page as above.
7. Same thing happens visitng http://www.hostname.com/cargo-jetty-deployer/undeploy
8. Having these results, I downloaded the cargo source from http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/cargo/cargo-jetty-7-and-onwards-deployer/1.0.4/cargo-jetty-7-and-onwards-deployer-1.0.4-sources.jar and created a new war out from it by creating a new maven project and putting in all library dependencies in the pom.xml. I did not edit anything from the source code.
9. Removed the old war file from JETTY_HOME/webapps
10. I then put the new cargo-jetty-deployer in JETTY_HOME/webapps
11. Start Jetty again and this time, no errors were logged.
12. Now, going to http://www.hostname:com/cargo-jetty-deployer displays the page:
13. Click the both the 2 links, META-INF and WEB-INF displays the page:
14. There's no activity in the jetty log.
15. Now, going to http://www.hostname:com/cargo-jetty-deployer/deploy or /deploy?path=/sample or /undeploy displays the same 404 error message as above like:
Any idea what's wrong?