Currently WildFly remote deployment is implemented by using controller client.
This brings issues like:
- differences in behaviour between different versions of clients
- need to add proper version of client to Cargo path externally
- complications in construction of classpath containing client library
Solution could be to use HTTP management API for communication with remote WildFly server.
It has some advantages:
- no external dependencies
- no need for separate modules which would handle deployment, everything in one place
But also some disadvantages, mainly from implementation point of view:
- Slightly more complicated implementation (need to implement REST layer for remote communication - can be then reused for WebLogic)
- not as flexible as controller client
What do you think about it?